St DuthusBed & Breakfast
Halkirk, Caithness, KW12 6YH
Welcome to our home! Quietly situated in Halkirk village, 6 miles inland from Thurso, St Duthus offers spacious accommodation with its two B&B rooms in a homely environment.
Originally known as The Manse, St Duthus was built in 1850/51 by the Free Church of Scotland as a residence for their minister. The land was purchased from Sir George Sinclair of Ulbster, Baronet.
At St Duthus we offer
- Complimentary refreshments upon arrival
- Evening snacks 6-7pm ~ light bites (toasted sandwiches etc)
- Breakfast at a time to suit you
- Guest lounge with a range of books, leaflets, maps and games
- Garden for your enjoyment (a work in progress!)
- Plenty of parking space (accessed via two separate driveways) including indoor facility for motorbikes and cycles, and for sports/wet gear generally
- No Smoking environment
- Pick-up from Thurso railway station and Wick airport
Being about 1 mile off the A9 (heading north) on the B874, Halkirk is just off the NORTH COAST 500 scenic route. Heading west out of Thurso on the A836, it is approximately 6 miles to the village.
Halkirk is well-placed for touring the SCENIC NORTHERN HIGHLANDS in any direction including further north across the Pentland Firth to ORKNEY.
St Duthus is an ideal overnight stop on the way to ORKNEY ~ ferries from Scrabster & Gills Bay approx. 8 and 20 miles from Halkirk.
We speak English and a brave attempt at French
(le français pas couramment!).