St DuthusBed & Breakfast
Halkirk, Caithness, KW12 6YH
Quietly situated in Halkirk village, 6 miles inland from Thurso, St Duthus was built as a manse by the Free Church in 1851 and offers spacious accommodation in a homely environment…..
- A hearty cooked breakfast served at a time to suit you
- Complimentary refreshments upon arrival (if required)
- Evening snacks until 7pm – light bites (toasted sandwiches etc. £1.50 -£2.50)
- Garden for your enjoyment (work in progress!)
- Plenty of parking space including indoor facility for motorbikes and cycles, and for sports/wet gear generally
- No Smoking / Vaping environment
Being just 1 mile off the A9 (heading north) on the B874, Halkirk is just off the NORTH COAST 500 scenic route. Heading west out of Thurso on the A9/B836, it is approximately 6 miles to the village.
Halkirk is well-placed for touring the SCENIC NORTHERN HIGHLANDS in any direction including further north across the Pentland Firth to ORKNEY.
St Duthus is an ideal overnight stop on the way to ORKNEY ~ ferries from Scrabster & Gills Bay approx. 8 and 20 miles from Halkirk.
We speak English and a brave attempt at French
(le français pas couramment!).